Monday, February 21, 2011

Trying to be like MOM




Note: these pictures were taken during Thanksgiving 2010.  Since I post everything so late, these pictures are obviously not in chronological order.  I guess I am just happy that I am even posting them. As you can see I am trying to be MOM.  No where close but so happy that the flowers bloomed.  The reason that I am surprised is because there are soooo many deer in our area.  They love flowers.  When I moved in and started planting these flowers, the neighbors thought that I was crazy.  They knew that I was definitely a new comer and felt sorry for me.  A lot of my neighbor complimented my flowers but  I know that most were probably talking behind my back saying things like " poor girl, deer is going to eat them all up, she will learn". Well, I am not going to let those deer dictate my life, at least not yet. Okay, so they did munch up a lot and I was persitent and planted some more.  I just tried many different kind.  Well, I guess these lasted... for now.... until the freeze killed all of it. At least it was not the deer.  I will try again this March.

5 comments:

  1. So pretty!! Thanks for all the updates, sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! What a surprise it was for me to see updates! I just sprinkled wild flower seeds this weekend...I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O-M-G
    did you really just post something....love it!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good stuff! It's so nice! I have yet to see your beautiful house. Odd huh? I think I live closer to you than anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. FYI, I want to see your fricken house.

    ReplyDelete