Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spring Time in Magnolia, Texas

I love the spring time.  Seeing the flowers bloom and hearing the birds sing makes me smile. A little look at my so called organic garden. Here is a picture of my peach tree.

                                                               apple tree




                                                           green onion


                                                               cilantro


                                                              mint leaves


    Here is the story about our romaine lettuce.  We had planted them mid February and this is a picture of what they looked like March 15.  Just in one month's time. I had cut some so we can eat it during our Spring break vacation.  Well, they tasted bitter. We tried to make them work by mixing them with "store bought" romaine lettuce. We added dressing and they tasted okay.  I guess Vinny and I both pretended that they tasted okay.  Then later we found out that it takes about 85 days before we can harvest and eat them.  OOOPS!!  That means that we really can not eat them until end of April or beginning of May. Hopefully, the bitterness will go away. They do look pretty though.

                                                         itsy bitsy strawberries


                                                        my raised garden bed

4 comments:

  1. If there is a weight loss competition going on, I think a gardening one would be pretty good, too. The judges could be Mom and Dad. Everyone plant 3 types of fruit bearing trees or vines or vegetables or whatever and let Mom and Dad judge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooo awesome Chi Trang. I have been meaning to plant lettuce, basil, and cilantro as well since I cook with those the most. I will prob do the green onions as well. love it! and the updating of the blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks SO COOL! Right now I only have a basil and cilantro plant. The basil plant is going strong... the cilantro plant... looks sad. Haha It looks SO PRETTY! Especially the raised garden bed. Makes me want to move into a house NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. C. Trang - I just saw this post! I love your garden, especially the lettuce.

    ReplyDelete